Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Greatest Treasure

     As I reflect on all that I have, the one thing I treasure the most is my ever growing relationship with Jesus Christ.  My God is my strength and my stability!  I can say that personally my relationship with God, my prayer life, and my faith has increased tremendously over these past months.  The more you are stretched the more you realize what's important in life.  
     The path of adoption is difficult!  It has its ups and downs; its highs and lows.  Yes, it requires an enormous financial commitment.  It's an amount that most families can only dream of having someday.  The amount required can be very difficult to come up with, at one time, in only a few short months.  Then there is the intimidating paperwork.  The home study, just one part of the paperwork, is a large report on you and your families entire life.  You feel like your life is being placed under a microscope.  You are being judged on your parenting skills and your ability to provide a stable home for a child.  You must rely on someone else's opinion of you and your family.  It can be very stressful!  Once you get all of the paperwork done and redone over and over again then you must wait on further approval.  You wait and wait and wait and wait!!!
     You have time to think back on how you got to this point in the first place.  That tug on your heart and that still small voice inside that said, "this is the way, walk in it and trust me!"  You remember the first time you saw the pictures of the two children God placed on your heart to be a part of your family.  The  tears you've shed for these two children you have yet to meet.  Every step God has been at our side!  We have seen His hand on this entire process!  How do we know this is God?  Because these are things we could not have done on our own!   Our God is faithful and His love is never-ending!!!
     We are traveling very soon and we will be receiving our exact travel date within the next four weeks.  We are still in need of funds to complete this process, but most of all we need everyones continued prayers!  We are not at the end of this journey yet and there are still some small details that need to be worked out.  We will need God's wisdom, guidance and favor!!!  Our God is faithful!!!
     Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers and support!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment