Thursday, April 9, 2015

Where He leads . . . (exciting NEWS)

Some exciting news for the Bowling Family!!!!!

As a family we have decided to adopt again.  As we proceed forward there are many scriptures that come to mind. 

John 10: 4When he has brought his own sheep outside, he walks on before them and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 8:12 Once more Jesus addressed the crowd.  He said, I am the Light of the world.  He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life

James 1:27External religious worship that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this:  to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.

This is not an undertaking that we, as a family, take lightly.  Richard and I began praying about what we should do.  Remember, we had already received approval for three children from USCIS.  We tried on our trip to Eastern Europe to bring home three children but were unable to do so.  However, we brought home two wonderful additions to our family.  Honestly, I was the one who stated, “I will not return and adopt again, if we can’t bring home three now then two is all we will ever adopt.”  Adoption is not an easy road!!!  Also we sometimes have to do those things we swore we would never do.  Never say never!!!!

Over these past two months, God has been working in my heart.  In the back of my mind I knew there was already an approval and that approval would expire if we did not act on it.  There was a tugging at my heart for a little boy that we had desired to add to our first adoption but were unable to do so.  Also, my heart was very concerned on how this could even be possible.  Who would care for our children and with our newest additions, how could I leave them for an extended period of time?  God spoke to me this scripture:

Luke 15:4 - "Suppose one of you has 100 sheep and loses one of them. He leaves the 99 in the wilderness and looks for the one that is lost until he finds it, doesn't he?"

It took awhile for this to sink into my heart.  Soon I began to feel that this child was one we had lost, but it took some time for me to believe I could leave the eight children we now have at home.  Then God said to me “look at this scripture carefully.”  He left the 99 in the wilderness.  Now I’m not leaving my children in the wilderness but God told me they would be just fine.

I have to say it still took some time for me to take that step of faith and believe God was calling our family to adopt again.  Richard and I began to discuss the possibility and pray God would give clear direction.  He then spoke these scriptures to me:

Proverbs 3:27 - Withhold not good from those to whom it is due [its rightful owners], when it is in the power of your hand to do it. 

James 4:17 - So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin.  

We talked it over with our children, who were very receptive of the idea and determined we would take the step of faith to begin the process again.  We have decided that I will travel to Eastern Europe to complete this adoption.  We believe this is the best decision for our children.  By the way, if any one is interested I would love to have a travel companion.  The process to adopt should go much quicker than our previous adoption and we will also need to raise the financial support in a shorter amount of time.  We would appreciate your prayers and support.

We are very excited and can’t wait to bring home a little boy to his  FOREVER family!!!!



All donations can be made thru our FSP at:




1 comment:

  1. Amen!!!! Congrats!!! So love how God has worked in your heart and given you scripture to lean on.

    ReplyDelete