Thursday, June 26, 2014

When You Know It's God

     This has been an amazing journey so far!!!  Yes, it is tedious, a lot of paperwork and a big financial commitment, but as we move forward we can see God's hand, His faithful hand, on this process.  For example,  I had to make a list of all the places we have lived since we were 18 years old.  That is a lot of addresses!  I needed to list more than just city and state.  As I sat down to begin I knew I did not have a clue to the full address of every place we had lived.  Over the past 26 years we had probably changed addresses at least 10 to 15 times.
    I was very stressed as I sat down to search my brain for somewhere to begin.  I started back at year one of our marriage and progressed to our current address.  There were many holes in my information and I did not know what to do.  The phone rings and it's my mom calling to see what I was doing.  My mom usually does not call me; I am the one who initiates conversation and I usually call her.  So, I told her exactly what I was doing.  She pulled out an old phone book and filled in all the information I was missing.  I knew this was God's touch!
    When we needed Richard's passport I believe God led us right to it.  We still have many unpacked boxes and I had no idea if we even had it.  Not only did we find it slipped between two books, but it turns out without his old passport we would have been unable to get his passport.  We would have needed to wait until his new driver's license arrived to request his passport.  This would have been quite a delay because we are still waiting on his new driver's license.
     I am grateful for the favor God is giving us.  These markers along the way are showing us God is at work in our lives and in the life of our new daughter.  It is a part of our story and encourages us to keep moving forward.  God is so faithful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment