Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Where It All Began

Our story began many years ago when Richard took a missions trip to Eastern Europe.  I was pregnant with our first child, Aria, at the time.  He went on and on about how he fell in love with the children.  It was an image he would never forget.  
We've been asked many times over the years if we planned to have more children.  Every time my answer would be we do not plan to, but we would love to adopt some day.  God had His own plans and we have been blessed to have eleven biological children.  Our twin boys, Jacob and Josiah, went to be with our Lord in 2001 and our six youngest still live at home.
Our adoption process officially began on May 29, 2014, when I was online checking emails and viewing my facebook page.  I ran across a website called Reece's Rainbow (reecesrainbow.org).  I did not know anything about the site but it intrigued me because of the way they spelled Reece.  Our youngest son's name is spelled the exact same way.
I clicked on the site and to my surprise it was an adoption site.  I viewed the site for many days and prayed God would give wisdom and direction.  In my heart, I believed I was led directly to this site.  There were so many children listed that needed a family to call their own.  
After speaking with Richard about how I felt God was leading he said we should move forward and see where God leads us.  Our prayers have been focused on God's leading and His wisdom and favor.  Where He leads He always provides.
Our next step was to chose a child from the website.  I did not think I was going to be able to do this.  Honestly, every child on that website is a gift from God and deserves to have a family of their own.  Children are so precious!  God had a way of showing me exactly the child for us by waking me one night and I knew which child was to be ours.  It turns out she is also from the same region of Eastern Europe that Richard visited on a mission trip.
We were blessed to receive an email inviting us to commit to our daughter on Father's Day, June 16th.  What an amazing journey it has been so far and we can not wait until we can hold our daughter in our arms.  This is an amazing story that is being orchestrated by God that we will get to share with her in the future.
Thanks for everyone who is praying and supporting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment