Thursday, November 13, 2014

I am BRAVE ?!?!?!?!?!!!!

I had the honor of speaking today at our local MOPS group.  It is Adoption Awareness Month and I was chosen to speak with them about adoption.  It was quite an honor for me to be able to share our story.  We have not completed the process, but it is truly an incredible journey God has orchestrated in our lives.  I am not a public speaker, but I do have a passion to speak about my Lord and Savior and the grace and mercy He has shown to me.  I can only do these things because of Him!

The MOPS theme this year is "Be You, Bravely."  As I thought about this and what I wanted to share with the group, I have to say my desire is to be me, but I'm not sure about the bravely part of the theme.  During our adoption journey my motto has been "We Can Make a Difference."  Part of this is to be me, the me God created me to be.  My part, even if it's small, can make a difference!  Now to the brave part, well, I can say we have ventured into an unknown area of our life.  Adoption is something we have never done before.  We will be traveling to a foreign country.  I have never been outside the United States and this is the first time for me to hold a passport.  We are adopting children with special needs.  Once again, a new territory for us.  Brave, I'm not sure about that, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  I will stand and strive to be who God has called me to be.  I will be brave because I can not afford not to.  I will run my race, my journey, my life to the best I can.  I will not give up there is too much at stake!  These future children of ours and my entire family are worth the risk!

Thank you, my friend, Gina Carter, for calling me "brave" and blessing me with your key of courage!  I will make you, my family, my friends and my Lord, Jesus Christ, proud!  It is what I am striving for in this journey!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment