Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Where He leads

Proverbs 24:12 - If you say, Behold, we did not know this, does not He Who weighs and ponders the heart perceive and consider it?  And He Who guards your life, does not He know it?  And shall not He render to every man according to his works?


As I prepare to travel with my husband, Richard, in just five days across the ocean to a country I've never been, this scripture came to me.  I actually believe it is speaking to my heart.  There are times in my walk with the Lord that I feel He is speaking to me, whether it is by reading His word, that still small voice, or by circumstances. 

To go back just a few months in our journey of adoption, I filled out paperwork to get our USCIS approval.  Now I was amazed that our home study said we had approval for three children.  I had not asked for our social worker to write our home study to include up to three children.  I was comfortable in the beginning of this process to commit to adopting one child.  It was in our comfort zone.  I was told prior to filling out this form if you put one child you will only get approved for one child.  It was suggested that I put 2-3 in the blank requesting children to be approved for.  So I thought, I can put 2-3 on my form.  As I typed my form on my computer it would not allow me to put more than one character so I had to choose to put 2 or 3.  I chose to put 2 in this blank and only requested to be approved for two children.  I was comfortable with this and began to pray for God to show us His will in our adoption.  During our long wait (75 days) we felt led to commit to two children and added Kevin Michael to our adoption.  We could adopt two children.

When our approval form finally arrived I had to take note.  We were approved to adopt three children.  It was something we have had to look at and consider over these past few weeks.  What is God saying to us?  Only He could do this!  After much praying and searching our hearts this scripture can not be ignored.  We can not say with a clear conscious that we did not know this.  Doesn't He look at our hearts?  I believe this is His hand; His speaking to our hearts.  He will not give us more than we can handle.  I know myself well enough to know if I attempted to travel across the ocean and ignore what I believe God is saying I would regret it.  But worse than regret, I may miss out on what God is doing and His blessing for me and my family. 

This is the step we are taking.  We are going to travel across the ocean in five days to bring home three children.  In this particular country the children we have committed to are not guaranteed to be our children.  Anything can happen and circumstances change.  We pray that these children will become our children, but we must trust God will guide and direct us.  He knows which children are to be a part of our family.  As for our third adopted child, we have not committed to a specific child and we are trusting God on this one.  It is very difficult as we proceed into the unknown, but we trust God will be right there walking beside us.  His ways are always perfect!

Thank you for all of your support and prayers!  We are very close to having all of the funds needed to complete all three children's adoptions.  Keep our family in your prayers during this time!

reecesrainbow.org/sponsorbowling

No comments:

Post a Comment